Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak — trimmed of fat, cut into cubes
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups fat free beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Red Roasted Chili Paste (like the kind from Thai Kitchen)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine oil, beef, mushrooms, onion, broth, garlic, chili paste, soy sauce, pepper, and ginger; mix well.
Cover; cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
About 35 minutes before serving, cook rice in water as directed on package.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch; blend well.
Add broccoli into beef mixture, then stir in the cornstarch.
Cover; cook on low setting for an additional 30 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Serve over rice.