Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies
These soft cookies are very lightly sweetened—great for anyone trying to be healthy but still in need of an awesome fall treat.
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cup regular or quick oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (see Notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 large apple, cored and chopped
- 2 ounces pitted and chopped dates (about 4 medjool dates or 1/4 cup packed chopped dates)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 28mins
Adapted from blog.fatfreevegan.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds (or ground flaxseed) with the warm water and set aside until thickened.
In a dry blender or food processor, grind one cup of the oats. Pour it into a mixing bowl and add the unground oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the raisins.
Place the apple, dates, 1/8 cup water, and apple cider vinegar in the blender. Blend until it’s about the consistency of apple sauce. Pour it into the oat mixture and stir to combine.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork. Bake for about 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Pumpkin pie spice is a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves or allspice, with cinnamon being the main ingredient. You can replace it with 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon each of ginger, nutmeg, and allspice (or a pinch of cloves instead of allspice.
Nutrition (per 1 cookie): 59 calories, 7 calories from fat, <1g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 100.8mg sodium, 89.5mg potassium, 12.3g carbohydrates, 1.7g fiber, 4.9g sugar, 1.4g protein. If you omit the raisins, each cookie contains 52 calories. Without salt, each cookie contains 36.2mg sodium.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Toffee... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple & Orange Cake 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Low Carb Lemon Meringue Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Butter (Crock Pot) 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Extra Cherry Chip Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Christmas Magic Cookie Bars 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cookie... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)