Alton Brown Quiche
One of Alton Brown's all star recipes, once you try it, this Quiche will be a favorite for sure!
- Any one of the following combinations:
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust
- Cooked spinach, cheddar cheese, cubed cooked ham or mushrooms
- Bacon, Sauteed leeks, and Gruyere cheese
- Cooked spinach, canned artichoke hearts, and Parmesan cheese
- Roasted chicken, goat cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes
- Blanched asparagus and smoked salmon
- Port Salut and Spam
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a nonreactive, stainless steel bowl, combine the cream or half-and-half and the eggs. Whisk until combined thoroughly. Add the salt and the nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
Refrigerator Pie Rules: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Evenly distribute the pie fillings in the pie crust. Do not overfill the crust with the filling ingredients. Do not pour too much royale into the crust. The eggs will expand upon cooking. Bake the pie until it is firm to the touch like set Jell-O, about 45 minutes. Cool the pie for at least 15 minutes before slicing.