Grilled sirloin with artichoke pesto and farro salad
- 2/3 c farro
- artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
- 1 c fresh basil
- 1 t sliced almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 whole and 1 minced
- 1 c fresh flat leaf parsley loosely packed
- 1/4 c fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 t grated parm
- 1/4 c plus 1t olive oil
- 3 t water
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 c yellow onion, diced
- 2 c chopped kale
- 2 t white balsamic
- 2 8 oz sirloin steaks
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1) preheat oven to 400. bring md pot of salted water to a boil. add faro and cook til tender, about 25 minutes, drain, return to pot and set aside.
2) meanwhile, combine artichoke, basil, almonds, wholle garlic clove, 1c parsley and 1t of parm in a blender. pulse, drizzle in 1/4c of oil and 2t of water. blend tol smooth. season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) heat 1t oil in md skillet over md- high heat. add onions and minced garlic; cook 3-5 minutes. add kale and remaining water. sauté about 2 minutes til kale is wilted.
4) add faro to skillet. top with remaining parm, chopped parsley and vinegar. salt and pepper to taste; toss and cook 1-2 minutes until heated through.
5) heat grill pan over md-high heat; cook steaks 4-5 minutes; remove from beta and let rest 5 minutes. slice steaks across the grain into 1/2" strips. place strips on top of faro salad and top with pesto mix.