Cherry Icebox Cookies
Bright red maraschino cherries leave no doubt that these cookies are filled with the yummy fruit. Cherry juice adds extra color. Enjoy the touch of cinnamon!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 300mins
Adapted from TASTEOFHOME.COM
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, cherry and lemon juices and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cream of tartar. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and cherries.
Shape dough into four 12-inch rolls. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
Unwrap chilled dough and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
You'll also love
- Pea, Pancetta, and Lemon Farfalle 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Avocado and Tomato Salad 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cookies 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Cherry Kolaches 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake Cookies 4.5/5 (29 Votes)