Maple Roasted Chicken with Sweet potatoes
- 1 3-4 lb. whole chicken, insides removed
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Toss vegetables with a drizzle of olive oil in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the sprigs of thyme.
3. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Rub the oil all over the surface of the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breast-side-up in the pan on top of the vegetables. Brush/drizzle with the maple syrup.
4. Roast in the preheated oven for about 1 hour (depending on size), until the juices run clear. If the chicken is browning too quickly you can cover it with aluminum foil. Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.