PEAR AND GRANOLA MUFFIN
- 3/4 cup canned pear nectar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups pear, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together first five ingredients in large bowl to blend.
3. Stir both flours and sugar in medium bowl until no sugar lumps remain.
4. Mix in granola, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Add pear; toss to coat. Stir flour mixture
into egg mixture until blended (batter will be thick). Divide among 10 prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean (about 20 minutes).
Transfer muffins to rack and cool.