A warm French custard with brandied cherries. Almost any fruit can be used in this recipe
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint black cherries (2 heaping cups), stemmed or 1 (12-ounce) package frozen cherries, thawed
- Confectioners’ sugar for serving
Adapted from honestabe.com
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Generously coat a 10-inch cast iron skillet with the butter.
Process the eggs and next 5 ingredients in a blender until well blended.
Add the flour and process until smooth and well blended.
Scatter the cherries in the prepared skillet and pour the batter over them. Bake until puffed and golden, about 30 minutes.
Lightly dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving, if desired.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Stacks 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Black Beans with Rice and Avocado 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Walnut cake 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
Review this recipe