King Tenderloin with Red Velvet Demi Glace
- Red Velvet Demi Glace:
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Demi Glace (can be found in most grocery and specialty food stores)
Adapted from culinary.net
Preheat grill on high.
Blot steaks dry with a clean paper towel.
Brush steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill steaks to desired doneness while searing the outside.
Ladle a small amount of Red Velvet Demi Glace onto the serving plate.
Place the steak on the Demi Glace then ladle a thin ribbon of additional Demi Glace over the steak.
Red Velvet Demi Glace: Heat olive oil in sauté pan. Add shallots and garlic, sauté until transparent.
Add Cabernet Sauvignon and balsamic vinegar to pan, reducing liquids by 2/3.
Add Demi Glace to pan and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.