Clam, Chard and Bacon Pizza
- flour for dusting
- 1 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- 1 10 oz can whole baby clams
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon cut into 1" pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 1 lb bunch Swiss chard, centre stalks removed,
- leaves torn
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 500 Fill a large bowl with boiling water. Place a baking sheet over, dust with flour. Place dough on baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes to soften. Flip dough, cover and let sit 10 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, drain clams, reserving liqiuid. oook bacon in a 12" cast-iron skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Add garlic and shallot to drippings in skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in chard and 1/2 cup reserved clam liquid and cook, stirring until chard is just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in butter, vinegar and as many clams as you like. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
Wipe out skillet and heat over medium high heat until very hot. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12" round. Sprinkle skillet with cornmeal and transfer dough to skillet. Brush top of dough with oil Cook, shaking pan occasionally and turning pan to avoid hot spots. until bottom of dough is golden and crispy 6-8 minutes.
Spread chard mixture over dough. Bake until crust is golden and cooked through 6-8 minutes Scatter bacon and cheese over, cook just until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes longer.
You'll also love
- Sweet Pineapple Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham and Pineapple Cheeseball 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Beef with Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Basi Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lasagna with Tofu and Kale 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maryland Crab Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops With Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)