Tomato Quiche Tartlets
- 2 2.1 ounce packages baked miniature phyllo dough
- shells (30 shells)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried tomato (not oil packed)
- 2 eggs slighlty beaten
- 3 Tbsl. 1/2 n 1/2 or light cream or milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil crushed
- Dash salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Swiss Cheese ( 2 ounces)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 325. Place phyllo dough shells on a baking sheet, set aside.
For filling, in a small bowl, conbine dried tomato and enough boiling water to cover;let stand for 2 minutes.
Drain well in a medium bowl, combine eggs, 1/2 and 1/2
basil,salt, and pepper. Stir in soaked dried tomato and Swiss Cheese.
Spoon about 2 teasp of the filling into each phyllo shell. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until filling is slightly puffed and a small knife inserted into the centers of the
tartlets comes out clean.Serve warm or cool. Makes
Make ahead Directions: Prepare and bake tartlets as
directed, cool. Place tartlets in an airtight container.
Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Before serving,
place tarlets on a baking sheet.
Bake in a 300 degree oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.