Caramelized Onion and Garlic Pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large sweet onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pkg(16 oz) uncooked angel hair pasta.
- 9 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cups coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter,
Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt;saute until
onions are tender.
Stir in garlic. Reduce heat to medium -low;
cook , stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until
the onions are deep golden brown.
Add the grape tomatoes, vinegar and 2 Tbsp oil to the
skillet. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture.
Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with bacon
Parmesan cheese and pepper and heat thtrough.
Garnish with fresh if designed.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (688 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 4.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.5/5 (107 Votes)