Spinach Salad With lemon Dressing
- 3 shallots(1/2 oz total) Peeled
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Tabespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb. spinach or mixed greens
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced firm white
- 2 med. sized sweet red peppers, cut into julienne strips 3x1/4"
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Place shallots in a blender and process 10 seconds. Add 1 T. lemon zest
3 T. lemon juice
3 T. white wine vinegar
1/3 c. olive oil
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 T. sugar
Process until mixture is thick and opaque.
To assemble salad, rinse spincah and remove stems. Pat leaves dry and tear into large pieces.
Plave the sliced mushrooms and red pepers in a mixing bowl, then add 1/3 cup dressing and toss to coat. marinate 15 min.
Add spinach leaves and toss. Add enough of the remaining dressing to coat leaves. (You may not need to add all of it).
Taste and season salad with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
Serves 6 as a main course, 8 as a side salad.
You can also add 1/2 lb. thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into julienne strips 3x1/2". To make a main course.
Grilled chicken is also good.
You'll also love
- Apple Dumplings with Rich Cinnamon... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Tips with Gravy 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Stuffed Zucchini 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Garden Caprese Flatbread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Escarole Salad with Apples and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zesty Honey-Lemon Dressing 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Kale Sausage Breakfast Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)