Beef Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 c seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 c shredded Mont Jack cheese, divided
- additional spaghetti sauce
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 in shells.
Place shells in an unbreased microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 min or until crisp tender; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over med heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the egg, marinara sauce, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 c cheese.
Spoon about 1/4 c into each shell. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 min longer or until zucchini are tender. Serve with more marinara sauce if desired.
You'll also love
- Olive Garden Caprese Flatbread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- SMOKEY SHIMP & CORN CHOWDER 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Fennel, Apple,... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Matchstick fries 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Carapaccio of Raw Zucchini 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken with zucchini - Mom's... 5/5 (1 Votes)