Layered Salad Reuben-Style Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed rye bread
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 2 cups chopped pastrami
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Thousand Island salad dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, salt and pepper. Add bread cubes and toss to coat.
2. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool.
3. In a large salad bowl, layer half the salad greens, pastrami, tomato, sauerkraut, onions and dressing; repeat layers.
4. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese.