Quinoa with Zucchini and Onions
Always wash the Quinoa....it has been sprayed with a chemical..even if the box says prewashed.
- 800 g of zucchini (courgettes), cut into 5mm thick slices
- a knob of butter
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or olive oil
- 3 onions, peeled, cut in half and then sliced thinly
- a few sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200 g of quinoa
- a good handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 50 g of pine nuts, lightly toasted
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Place a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the oil and butter and once the butter has melted add the zucchini, onions, thyme and salt and pepper. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the zucchini and tender and starting to turn golden. Add the garlic and fry for another couple of minutes.
While the zucchini and onions are cooking, rinse the quinoa in several changes of cold water and then place in a saucepan along with plenty of cold water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the long white kernels are coming away from the seeds. Tip into a sieve and leave to drain and steam.
Combine the quinoa and zucchini and onions and toss to mix well. Add the parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir well. Check the seasoning and adjust as necessary. Serve topped with toasted pine nuts.
You'll also love
- Ranch Style Mock Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Supreme 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blue Ribbon Zucchini Carrot Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini Sticks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Burgers with French Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)