Karen's Veggie Burger
- 1 can 15oz garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 1/3 c almonds
- 1/2 t ground cumin (can use more)
- salt and pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- shredded carrots (handful)
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
- dijon mustard or chipotle mustard
- whole sandwich thins for 4 sandwiches
In a food processor chop first 8 ingredients, together or separate.....don't pulverize everything.
Take out, put in a large bowl and add the egg. Mix it together til it has the consistency of hamburger. Add more egg or bread crumbs to make it the desired consistencty.
Grill in a pan with a little olive oil 3-5 min per side. Use mustard and cheese on the bread and possibly lettuce if desired.