Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Frosting
- 4 cups apples, finely chopped and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons light butter
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine apples and sugar in a large bowl. Let sit for 10-20 minutes to dissolve some of the sugar.
Add applesauce, eggs, and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add to apple mixture; stir just until combined.
Pour into a 9x13 baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool completely before frosting.
Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
Beat in caramel ice cream topping.
Gradually beat in powdered sugar.