Sandwich for a crowd
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 5 T. finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped pimento
- 2 anchovy filets, mased
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 1 round loaf Italian bread (8" or 9" in diameter) or long loaf of Italian bread
- Shredded lettuce
- Thinly sliced tomato
- 1/4 lb sweet Italian salami (eg mortadella)
- 1/4 lb hard salami
- 1/4 lb. mozzarella
Mix all ingredients except meats and cheese in glass bowl and let marinate overnight.
Cut bread in half lengthwise and pull out most of soft dough.
Drain salad and brush both sides of bread with the marinade.
Put half of drained salad in bottom half of bread.
Top with layer of lettuce, tomatoes, meat and cheese.
Top with other half of bread.
Wrap in foil. Put in fridge and weight down for at least 30 minutes. Cut in wedges and serve.