Coconut Rhubarb Dessert
- 4 c sliced fresh rhubarb, 1 1/2 c sugar, 1 1/2 c water, 1/8 t red food coloring, 1 pkg (18 1/4 oz) butter pecan cake mix, 1 c flaked coconut, 1/2 c butter, vanilla ice cream, optional.
Adapted from bing.com
In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, water, and food coloring. Cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender; cool slightly. Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle with cake mix. Top with coconut and pecans. Drizzle with butter.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve with ice cream if desired.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Spinach Soup with Tahini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Chickpea Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagne (CC) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime Cottage Cheese Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Cider Margaritas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut - Cream Cheese Sheet Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cilantro Coconut Shrimp Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)