OATMEAL CRAISIN or RAISIN COOKIE
Here are the raisin, craisin, and sandwich version. I used a rum buttercream in the sandwich cookies (just plain buttercream spiked with rum).
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar-packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP salt
- 1 1/2 TSP ground cinnamon
- 3 Cups quick cook oats-not instant
- 1 Cup craisins or raisins
- 1 . Make smaller cookies with or without the raisins/craisins and use them with a spiced buttercream to make oatmeal woopie pie type cookies.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In mixer bowl-cream butter and sugars.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Add vanilla.
5. In med-large bowl-combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
6. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture.
7. Fold oats in by hand.
8. Fold in craisins or raisins by hand.
9. Grease cookie sheets and/or line with parchment paper.
10. Drop dough by rounded TSP, 2" apart on cookie sheet and flatten with fork. (I did not flatten mine and they turned out fine).
11. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
12. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.