Shrimp Gruyere Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 C round butter cracker crumbs
- 1/4 C butter melted
- 1 1/2 lbs unpeeled, medium size fresh shrimp
- 1/3 C m;inced green pepper
- 1/3 C minced sweet red pepper
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pkg cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 C mayo
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 C milk
- 1 1/4 C shredded Gruyere Swiss
- 1 t white pepper
- Garnishes, sweet pepper strips, shrimp, fresh basil leaves & Italian tomato sauce
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 14 oz cans tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 t italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
Combine cracker ccrumbs and 1/4 C butter; press into bottom of a 9" springform pan. Set aside.
Peel & devein chrimp and chop. Saute shrimp and next 4 ingredients in 3T butter 4 to 5 minutes; drain well, and set aside.
Beat cream cheese and mao at high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addtion. Gradually add milk, beating at low speed until just blended. Stir in sprimp mixure, cheese and 1t white pepper.
Pour mixuture into prepared panl Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 20 to 30 minutes or until set. Turn oven off, and partially open oven door; leave cheesecade in oven 1 hour.
Let cool completely on a wire rack; cover and chill Garnice if desired. Serve with Italian sauce.
Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in a larage skillet until onion is tender. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients; simmer, uncovered 20 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Serve warm About 2 cups.