Brown Lentils With Sauteed Veggies
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red, yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp. bottled minced ginger
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups already-cooked brown lentils
- Chopped green salad, optional, for serving
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
In an 8-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add all vegetables. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, or until veggies are crisp-tender. Stir in ginger and red pepper flakes.
If serving lentils hot, add lentils to the pan, and stir and toss until lentils are mixed in and heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve over rice.
If serving lentils cold, remove veggies from stove and toss with lentils in a medium bowl. Serve over salad. Top each serving, whether hot or cold, with 1 tablespoon yogurt.