BLACK AND WHITE BEAN CHILI
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
- 6 ounces canned tomato paste
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 16 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces canned navy beans, drained and rinsed
1. In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the broth, tomato paste, chilies, cumin, and beans. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.