Key Lime Bars
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cookie crumbs, (17 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice or Regular lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- Lime peel or strawberries, if desired
1 Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
2 Mix cookie crumbs and butter thoroughly with fork. Press evenly in bottom of pan. Refrigerate while preparing cream cheese mixture.
3 Beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in lime juice and lime peel. Spread over layer in pan.
4 Bake about 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 3 hours until chilled. For 36 bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Garnish with lime peel. Store covered in refrigerator.