Ginger Citrus Skillet Chicken
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup organic, free-range chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Juice from 1 medium orange
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 jalapeno minced 9optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale, chopped with tough stems removed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil and saute the chicken for 5-7 minutes.
2. To the chicken, add the sliced mushrooms, red pepper, and onions, and saute another 2 minutes
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for the kale and the almonds, stir well, bring to simmer, and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Remove all ingredients from the pan and set aside. In the same pan add the remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil and the kale. Saute the kale until tender, about 4 minutes
5. Serve the chicken on top of the kale, and add a sprinkle of the sliced almonds on top.