Toasted Angel Food with Peaches and Ice Cream
- 4 fairly firm fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons butter -- melted
- 8 slices angel food cake -- about 1 inch thick
- Vegetable oil spray (preferably butter-flavored)
- Vanilla ice cream
Adapted from bing.com
Preheat grill with all burners on high, and the lid down, for 10 minutes.
While grill preheats, cut peaches in half, remove pits and brush halves with melted butter. Once grill is hot, turn off center burner and turn others to medium. Place peach halves, skin side up, over center burner. Close lid and cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Transfer to platter and loosely tent with aluminum foil.
Turn all burners to low. Coat both sides of angel food cake slices with vegetable oil spray. Place cake slices on grill and toast quickly, about 45 seconds per side. Place grilled peach half and a slice of angel food cake on each serving plate. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
- Cashew Coconut Breakfast Bars 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Whole Roasted Carrots with Black... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- BARS, LEMON CURD 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CAKE-MIX PEACH COBBLER 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe