Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
This is a great way to get your favorite pizza flavors into a casserole. It's super kid friendly (and husband friendly too (o: )
- 1 pound of ground Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 1/2 pound of ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 8 ounce box of short pasta (rigatoni, penne or ziti), cooked... but undercooked slightly
- 3 14 ounce jars of pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounce package of sliced pepperoni, placed between paper towels and microwaved for a few seconds to remove all the grease
- 16 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
Adapted from crockpotrecipeexchange.com
In a large bowl mix everything together except for the mozzarella cheese.
Spray the inside of a 4 - 6 quart crock pot with non-stick spray.
Layer the mixture alternately with the shredded mozzarella cheese. I did three layers... ending with the cheese on top.
Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 - 4 hours. If cooked for longer than 4 hours or on high it may burn.
Serve with your favorite breadsticks and a side salad.