- 1/4 cup plus 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dry penne pasta
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 pound peeled deveined large shrimp
- emeril essence
- 3/4 pound boneless chicken breast- cubed
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced or leeks
- 3/4 pound andouille sausage-cut into 1/2 in slices
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 TBS chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBS chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cook pasta with 1/4 cup salt in water till al dente. drain and set aside 1 cup of pasta water.
Season shrimp with essence seasoning and cook in skillet
with 1 TBS olive oil. Sear for 1 minute on each side then remove from pan and set aside. Add another TBS of olive oil and season chicken with essence seasoning . Sear chicken for 3 minutes per side then remove and add to shrimp. Add another TBS of olive oil and saute the sausage, onions and peppers for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and chicken stock. Then add the tomatoes, thyme, 1 TBS of essence seasoning and 1/2 tsp salt.
Cook for a few minutes then add the heavy cream and cook for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, chicken, pasta and pasta water. Cook until pasta water has evaporated. Remove from heat and add the basil and cheese.