Panko Crusted Rib Roast
- 7-8 lb. bone-in beef rib roast
- 1 lg. clove garlic,cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 c. whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. creamy horseradish sauce
- 1 lg. shallot,finely chopped,3 Tbsp.
- 1/4 tsp. cracked pepper
- 3/4 c. Italian style panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Tomatoes and fresh herbs optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 17mins
Position rack in center of oven;preheat to 350.
Cut 8(1/2 inch deep) slits all over beef;insert 1 garlic slice into each slit.
Place beef in lg. roasting pan.
Combine mustard,horseradish sauce,shallot and pepper;spread over beef.
In separate bowl,combine breadcrumbs and parsley;evenly press onto mustard mixture on beef.
Roast beef until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part away from bone registers 145F for med-rare,about 2 hrs,20 mins,tenting with foil if browning too fast.
Let stand 15 mins before carving.
If desired garnish with tomatoes and herbs.