Festive fruit salad
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 3 medium apples (red, yellow and green), cubed
- 1 small cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 cups seedless red and green grapes
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional berries for garnish, optional
Peel and core pineapple; cut into cubes. Place in a 3- or 4-qt. glass serving bowl. Stir in remaining fruit.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar and lemon juice and mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
Spread over fruit. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Yield: 16-20 servings.