Artichoke & Scrambled Eggs Benedict
Artichoke and Scrambled Eggs Benedict is an easy and delicious recipe that goes perfectly at any brunch or breakfast feast. Filled with roasted artichoke hearts and zesty Italian flavors, this recipe comes the ease of scrambled eggs with the richness of crispy pancetta to make a lemon sauce-smothered main dish that is sure to become a family-favorite in no time.
- 1 1/2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, about 8 artichoke, rinsed
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, plus 4 sprigs for garnish, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped pancetta
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Toss artichoke bottoms with 2 teaspoons oil and 2 teaspoons oregano. Place them top-side down on half of a large baking sheet. Spread pancetta in an even layer on the other half. Roast until the artichokes are just beginning to brown and the pancetta is crispy, 12 to 14 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, and water in a small bowl until smooth. Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, folding and stirring frequently with a heatproof rubber spatula until almost set, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and fold in cream cheese, the remaining 1 teaspoon oregano and salt.
To serve, divide the artichoke bottoms among 4 plates. Top each artichoke with equal portions scrambled egg, crispy pancetta, and creamy lemon sauce. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
You'll also love
- Asian Burger with Savoy Cabbage 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Mushroom Quiche 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Piña Kale-ada Smoothie 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's English Muffin &... 3.6/5 (197 Votes)
- Spicy Sangre Blood Orange Margarita 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pizza 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Healthier Eggs Benedict 4.8/5 (4 Votes)