This Chicken Piccata is easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but fancy enough to serve guests. Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta and roasted veggies.
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour, divided (about 1/2-cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Preparation time 31mins
Cooking time 31mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
Place 1 teaspoon flour in a small bowl, and place remaining flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour in shallow dish; shake off excess.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots to pan; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup broth to reserved 1 teaspoon flour; stir until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes). Stir in flour mixture; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, juice, and capers. Place 1 chicken breast half on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle each serving with about 2 teaspoons parsley.