Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Avocado and Cumin-Lime Dressing
Make this healthy Quinoa Salad up on a Sunday afternoon and eat it through the week for lunches.
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, chopped into chunks
- Handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- Small handful cilantro, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
Adapted from eating-for-england.com
Warm the olive/coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once it’s hot add the rinsed quinoa and toast for about 2-3 minutes until it starts smelling nutty and lovely. Add water, stir once, cover, and simmer with a lid on for 20 minutes.
While the quinoa is cooking, prepare all other ingredients. Prepare the dressing by combining the lime juice, oil, cumin, and salt. Whisk it aggressively. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
When the quinoa has finished cooking, remove it from heat and fluff with a fork. Add black beans and toss to warm them through.
Let the quinoa cool for about five minutes and then add all the remaining ingredients, including the dressing, and mix. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
Serve with tortilla chips and a refreshing, cold beer.
You'll also love
- Olive Garden Hot Artichoke Spinach... 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Cauliflower Breadsticks 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Strawberry Julius 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Blueberry Orange Cream Cheese... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken and Rice 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Mango-Lime Salsa 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Salad - Avocado Strawberry Spinach... 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Lime Meltaways 4.5/5 (31 Votes)