Spicy Chicken Buffalo Bites
- 1 Chicken Breast/ 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cheddar, grated
- 3-4 cups Corn flakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper
If you are using a chicken breast, first season it generously with salt and pepper then boil it, with the lid on, for about 20-25 minutes until tender & cooked.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken using 2 forks and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the softened cream cheese & buffalo sauce.
- Then finely chop one stalk of celery and add it to the mix along with the mozzarella & cheddar and mix it all well.
- Add the shredded cooked chicken to the mix and stir it well until all the chicken is coated. Put the mixture in the fridge for about 20 mins or so to set a little and make it easier to handle.
- In the mean time, crush 3-4 cups of regular cornflakes, in a ziploc bag until it resembles panko (coarse) crumbs.
- In three different bowls lay out the flour, eggs (beaten) and cornflake crumbs for breading the buffalo chicken bites.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F. Once the chicken mixture has cooled a little, using a scoop or rounded tablespoon take a little of the chicken your hands and make a ball out of it. Roll the buffalo chicken ball in the flour first to coat it all over, then dip it into the egg mix and roll it into the cornflake crumbs so that it’s coated evening on all sides. Set it aside on a baking sheet, with parchment/wax paper on it.
- You can even flash freeze the coated balls in the freezer on a sheet and once frozen transfer them to the zip lock bag or tupperware dish, for later use.
- To cook them, simple bake the buffalo chicken bites for about 20 mins at 375F and if frozen bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve hot with ranch/ bleu cheese sauce, celery and more buffalo sauce drizzled over the top!