Ground Beef Fajita Taco Salad
A bed of lettuce topped with taco seasoned ground beef, onions, green peppers, vegetables, tomato, cheese, chips and creamy guacamole dressing.
- CREAMY GUACAMOLE DRESSING:
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) package Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (4-ounces)
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips (about 4-ounces)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
In blender, place all dressing ingredients. Cover; blend on medium speed 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into small bowl. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook bell peppers and onion in oil 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove vegetables from skillet; set aside.
In same skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water; heat as directed on package.
Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 6 plates. Top with beef mixture, vegetables, tomato, cheese and chips. Serve with dressing.
You'll also love
- Duck Breasts with Citrus Port... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Southern Homemade Sweet Potato Pie 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Blueberry-Oatmeal Cookies 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Quiche Muffins 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Empanadas de Carne (Beef... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Wild Rice Ground Beef Casserole 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Amish Potato Salad 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Orange-Pistachio Wild Rice Salad 4.3/5 (19 Votes)