Ricotta and Coffee Mousse (Spuma di Ricotta al Caffè)
- 2 cups store-bought ricotta
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. instant espresso
- 1 tbsp. powdered gelatin
- Shaved chocolate
Adapted from saveur.com
1. Purée ricotta in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
2. Whip together heavy cream and sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
3. Bring ¼ cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Whisk 2 tbsp. of the water with espresso in a small bowl. Whisk remaining water with gelatin in another small bowl until dissolved.
4. Stir espresso mixture into ricotta, then gelatin mixture; fold in cream in 3 stages. Chill mixture for 1 hour, then transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe mixture into 6 sundae glasses; refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Garnish with shaved chocolate.