Cherry Wink Cookies
From the kitchen of Mom-Mom Cole.
Rate this recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- 2 and 1/4 cups of sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egss
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup pitted chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries (buy 2 jars)
- corn flakes
-Sift together dry ingredients in seperate bowl.
-Cream together shortening and sugar in seperate bowl.
-Blend in 2 eggs, milk, and vanilla into creamed mixture.
-Blend dry ingredients into wet mixture.
-Add in pecans, dates, and cherries. Mix well.
-Dough will be soft.
-Using level measuring soon, shape into balls. Roll in crushed corn flakes cereal. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet.
-Top each cookie with a cherry quarter.
-Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
-Leave on cookie sheet about a minute to cook.
-Do not stack or store until completely cooled.
You'll also love
- new england butter crumb baked cod 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Country chicken with sausage &... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Avgolemono Soup (Frugal Gourmet) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cuban-style Pumpkin Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Desserts - Weight Watchers Banana... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CHERRY CHA CHA DESSERT 4/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe