- 3/4 cup plum jelly
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (less of you'd like less heat!)
- 3 to 4 assorted hot peppers (serranos, jalapenos, and so on), minced fine
- Thinly sliced (julienne) carrots and cucumber, for serving
Add the plum jelly to a bowl. Then stir in the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Add the brown sugar, ginger, red onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and hot peppers. Stir to combine, and then pour it into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the sauce until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
Place the wings in an ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over the top, reserving some sauce for serving. Toss to coat, and then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Place the wings in dishes, and then spoon extra sauce over the top. Serve with cool vegetables to go with that delicious heat. (You might want to have a glass of ice water handy, too.)