Spicy Spaghetti Arrabiata
- 12 oz spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 med cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 can 15oz stewed tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 can 14.5oz fire roasted crushed tomatoes with chiles
- 2 T vodka
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 T chopped fresh basil
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
Cook pasta according to pkg instructions. Drain; set aside. Meanwhile in med saucepot over med heat, cook olive oil 30 sec or until heated. Add chopped onions. Cook 3 min or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic. Cook 1 min.
Stir in stewed tomatoes with juice, crushed tomatoes, vodka and pepper flakes. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Let simmer 10 min, stirring occasionally.
Stir in chopped basil and parsley. Season with salt if desired. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.