Lunch-Week 3-Kale, White Bean and Potato Stew
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves torn into small pieces (4 cups)
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
1.Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, and carrot until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
2.Add potatoes and 4 cups water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Mash half the contents of the pot until slightly thickened.
3.Add kale and beans and continue cooking until kale is tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
4.Stir in vinegar and adjust seasoning if necessary. Drizzle with oil before serving.
You'll also love
- Citrus Shrimp and Rice 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork: Emeril's Pork Tenderloin... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Soup*** 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Caitlin's Cuban Sandwiches and... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken and Kale Casserole 5/5 (2 Votes)