Pork: Orange Ginger Pork
- 1 x 2 lb organic pork loin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger – grated
- 1 large orange – zested
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Begin by preheating a large skillet on high heat for 1 minute. Season the pork fillet with S&P on all sides. Once pan is hot drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil into pan and sear pork for 2 minutes on all sides until golden brown. Meanwhile whisk the marinade ingredients together. Once pork is seared add to marinade and coat evenly. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate. Marinade for at least 2 hours.
NOTE: You can do this ahead of time and keep in the fridge for up to overnight.
Remove from fridge 1 hour before cooking to let return to room temperature.
Preheat oven 400°F.
Place pork on a foiled oven tray and pour broth around on tray
NOTE: I use this technique of adding broth when roasting lean meats. It helps add moisture when cooking.
Roast for 20 minutes or until internal temperature 155°F. Remove. Place some foil loosely over and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
I served it with sauteed Swiss chard.
You'll also love
- Veal Meatballs with Fried Sage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Nut Salad**** 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Peppers Stuffed w/... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Cold Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Pot Roast Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Glazed Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Triple Citrus Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)