Cherry Tomato and Spinach Quiche
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150 g baby spinach, steamed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/3 cup (30g) grated parmesan
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 125 g butter, chilled, cubed
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
To make the pastry, process the flour, butter and salt until fine crumbs form. Add the egg yolk, herbs and 3 tablespoons water and process until it comes together. Knead until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 35cm x 11cm rectangle flan tin with removable base. Trim the edge. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomatoes on the tray, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Line the base of a tray with non-stick baking paper and fill with rice or baking beans. Place on the tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and rice.
Line pastry with steamed spinach and tomatoes. Whisk eggs and cream together. Pour over the filling. Sprinkle over the parmesan. Bake until just set.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Sausages with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pizza Pasta Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato-Basil Eggs Alfredo in Bread... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Balsamic Margarita 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Spinach and Pea Risotto 0/5 (0 Votes)