- 1 1/2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, Minced
- 1 Leek, Minced
- 1 Small Fennel Bulb, Minced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 3/4 Quarts Fish Stock
- 4 Red Potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 pound salmon, cut into cubes
- 3/4 milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- salt and pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
1.Melt the butter in a large saucepan.Add the onion.leek.and chopped fennel and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes,stirry from time to time.
2.Stir in the flour.Lower the heat to low and cook for 3 minutes,stirring occasionally.
3. Add the fish stock and potatoes. Season with salt and ground pepper and bring to a boil.Lower the heat,cover,and simmer for about 20 minutes,or until the potatoes are tender.
4.Add salmon and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until it is just cooked through and flakes.
5. Stir in milk,cream,and dill.Cook until warmed through.Do not boil.