Penne and Zucchini with Lime and Herbs
Rachael Ray Sept 2011
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. penne rigate pasta
- 2 firm zucchini
- 3 About 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 fresno chile pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grated pecorino-romano cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts, toasted
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
While the pasta is working, halve the zucchini lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Thinly slice into 1/4-inch-by- 2-inch strips—think fat matchsticks.
2. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Stir in the chile and garlic for a minute. Add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the lime juice to the zucchini and stir in the butter to melt. Add the pasta, parsley, mint, tarragon (or basil), a handful of cheese and the reserved pasta cooking water. Toss for 1 to 2 minutes. Top with more cheese and the pistachios.
You'll also love
- Pumpking Bars - Paula Deen's 4/5 (3 Votes)
- PUMPKIN BREAD WITH MAPLE CREAM... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Mussels Penne Arrabbiata 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Apple Cider Brined Turkey 4/5 (3 Votes)
- tuna noodle casserole 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi with Linguini 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon- and Prosciutto-Stuffed Pork... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto 4/5 (3 Votes)