Cranberry Orange Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Mix in 1 teaspoon orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the orange mixture. Mix in cranberries and if using, walnuts, until evenly distributed. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, 3 tablespoons orange juice and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled cookies. Let stand until set.
You'll also love
- Spicy Peanut Noodles 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp Quiche Appetizers 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Kale Salad with Shaved Beets, Feta... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Turnovers with Custard 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Semifreddo with Summer... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Strawberry Margarita Pops 4.5/5 (2 Votes)