Lasagna with Zucchini "Noodles"
Leave out the cheeses and make it strict paleo.
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 oz can stewed diced tomatoes (drained)
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 T. dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 5 large zucchinis, sliced thin lengthwise
- 5 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cups spinach
- 24 oz Ricotta cheese (for strict Paleo, leave out)
- 2 cups Walnut Asparagas Pesto (use 3 cups if you don't use ricotta) - see recipe in my Sauce cookbook
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (for strict paleo, leave out)
In a large pan cook meat, onions, garlic and spices on medium high heat until meat is browned. Drain excess fat. Add stewed tomatoes, sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Layer ingredients in a large lasagna pan (zucchini, tomatoes, spinach, ricotta, pesto, sauce - repeat another time and add one more layer of zucchini then the last bit of sauce). Top with mozzarella if desired.
Cover with foil and bake at 375 F for 1 hour. Remove foil and cook until cheese is melted and browned (about 15 more minutes.
Remove from oven and let stand about 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Blackberry Pudding Cobbler 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mushroom and Broccoli Quinoa 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cranberry Amish Friendship... 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Pad Thai Zoodle Bowls 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Chili-Orange Shrimp with Broccoli... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini-and-Mozzarella Flatbread 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Passover Zucchini Kugel 4.5/5 (4 Votes)