Cheese Fondue with Crusty Rolls
Need a fun New Year’s recipe? Try our quick and easy Crusty Rolls and a yummy cheese fondue… just the answer. Using apple cider instead of wine or beer makes this a family friendly recipe.
- Rhodes Warm-N-Serv™ Crusty Rolls, or Sour Dough Rolls baked following instructions
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider
- 3/4 pound gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 pound emmentaler cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from rhodesbread.com
Cut baked crusty rolls into bite size pieces and set aside.
In a fondue pot over medium heat or in a heavy sauce pan bring apple cider to a simmer; do not boil. Mix remaining ingredients together. While stirring with a wooden spoon, add cheese mixture a little at a time. Turn heat to low and continue stirring until the cheese is melted and mixture is smooth and glossy. Turn heat to lowest setting. Dip crusty roll cubes into the fondue.
You'll also love
- Pepper-Crusted Tenderloin Crostini 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Twinkling Trees Cupcake Toppers 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Good Eats Roasted Turkey 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Maple Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Fritos and Peanut Butter 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Beef Tamales 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Barbecued Worm Sandwiches 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Tuna With Tomatoes & Bruschetta 4/5 (2 Votes)