Butternut Squash Olive Oil Cake with Clementine Glaze
- 1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup butternut squash puree (from a small roasted butternut squash)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1/4 cup water or fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon clementine rind, grated
- 1/4 + 2 tablespoons clementine juice
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking pan or bundt liberally with cooking spray. Set aside.
2 In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until light and well incorporated. Set aside.
3 In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, add the squash puree, eggs and oil and mix well to combine. Add the sugars and mix to incorporate. Add the spiced flour mixture and mix until the dry ingredients are wet, don't over mix. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake 40-50 minutes. Test doneness with a toothpick. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack before inverting to cool completely.
1 Add all glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle over the cooled cake and serve.
You'll also love
- Banana Split Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops in Alfredo Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Puffed Oven Pancakes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Onion Mashed Potatoes*** 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Apple and Savoy Cabbage Slaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Raisin Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Dump Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna, Tomato, Red Onion, and Olive... 0/5 (0 Votes)