Carrot & Quinoa Muffins
The carrot flavor is subtle. The coconut oil provides undertones of coconut, but nothing overpowering. The quinoa gives the muffins a wonderful texture. These are dynamite!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup demerara sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1-stick), melted
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup carrots, grated and loosely packed
- 1/4 cup toasted or natural almonds, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin, and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, sugar, flours, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, mix together butter (allow to cool), yogurt, vanilla and eggs. Stir into flour bowl, mixing well. Gently fold in carrots and nuts, until just mixed.
Divide batter evenly among muffin tin, and transfer to the oven.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, sprinkling 1 tablespoon demerara sugar over top during the last 5 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Salmon Puttanesca 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Spiced Chicken with Couscous Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Blueberry Dessert Pizza 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Apple Strudel Pull... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Corn & Turkey Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Toffee Scones 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cinnamon Rolls 4.5/5 (4 Votes)